Applying for postgraduate study

Taught degrees - full-time

To apply for a one of our full-time postgraduate taught courses please complete our online full-time application form. Application guidance is available within the system to guide you throughout the process. This online form can be used for the majority of our postgraduate taught courses.

If you wish to apply for our PGCE Teacher Training course upon the completion of which you could teach in primary schools or Further/Higher Education, you can register and apply through the 'UCAS Teacher Training: Apply and Track' webpage.

To apply for a full-time taught Education Master'sPgDip or EYTS course, please use the School of Education and Professional Development online application form.

For our Nursing and Social Work courses please apply through the 'UCAS Postgraduate: Apply and Track' webpage.

Applications for the LLM Exempting course should be made directly through the Central Applications Board website.

Taught degrees - part-time

To apply for a part-time course within the School of Education and Professional Development including, Master’s, PgDip, PGCE/CertEd (lifelong Learning), PgCert, SCITT, EYTS courses, please complete the School of Education and Professional Development online application form and select the course you are interested in.

If you are applying for a part-time course in Health and Social Care or Social Sciences, please use our online part-time application form.

If you’re interested in applying for our Human Resource Management (HRM) PgDip courses please use this application form.

For all other postgraduate part-time programmes you will need to download and print a copy of our paper application form. After completing it please email it to us at or alternatively you can post your application to: Admissions and Records, University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH.

Specialist Skills and Post Registration Development (SSPRD) courses

To apply for Health and Social Work professional courses please complete our online part-time application form.

Closing dates for SSPRD courses

For commencement in September the closing date for applications is 31 July.

For commencement in January the closing date is 27 November.

Research degrees

To apply for one of our research programmes, including Master's by Research (MRes) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) please complete our online research degree application form.

For more information about our research degrees application process including how to write your research proposal, visit our 'Applying for a research degree' webpages.

Deferring your entry

If you wish to start your studies the year after you apply you can do so - most of our courses accept deferred entry applications. If you want to know for sure if your preferred course supports a deferred start date or you are unsure what deferred entry is please call us on +44 (0)1484 473969 or email us at

After you apply

Information about the next steps in your application journey including accepting your offer and some key dates for your diary are available on our ‘What happens after you apply?’ webpage.

© 2017 University of Huddersfield - All rights reserved

VAT registration number 516 3101 90