Welcome to the University of Huddersfield's governance pages.
The institution was awarded University status on 16 June 1992 and is an exempt charity under the Education Reform Act 1988. Please click here for further information on the University's legal status.
The University's Standing Orders for the Conduct of Meetings set out the protocol for the meetings of the Council and its committees including the Senate in line with the Instrument and Articles of Government .
University governance information
- Formal Scheme of Delegation
- Role of the Chair of the University Council
- Role of the Vice-Chair of the University Council
- Role of the Commitee Chair
- Role of the Member of University Council/Committee
- Guide to Funding 2016-17 How HEFCE allocates its funds (2016/07)
- A Guide to UK Higher Education (2009/32)
- The CUC Higher Education Code of Governance (December 2014)
- HEFCE Memorandum of Assurance and Accountability (2014/12)
- HEFCE Committee of University Chairmen - Handbook for Members of Audit Commitees in Higher Education Institutions (2008/06)
Below are links to other useful websites:
- Association of University Administrators (AUA)
- Committee of University Chairs (CUC)
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
- The Leadership Foundation for Higher Education
- Universities UK (UUK)
- Yorkshire Universities